Staying active while pregnant is important for mothers and their unborn babies! Thankfully, in recent years, people have clued into the fact that expectant mothers want classes geared designed specifically for their needs. Here are some option for prenatal fitness around town.
- Fit Together offers prenatal yoga, AquaFit & fitness fusion (a blend of strength training and yoga)
- Peg Family Fitness offers Prenatal, Mom & Baby, Stoller Fitness, and Family Fitness programs.
- Katja Holzhei is a local yoga teacher with a specialization in prenatal group and private classes. Find her on Facebook @neulandyoga at Twitter @KatjaHolzhei.
- Leisure Guide (City of Winnipeg) – offerings change each session, but the City typically offers things like prenatal yoga and prenatal “bootie camp” (from the main Leisure Guide screen, go to Course Catalogue>Active Living – Adults>Adult Fitness>Pre/Postnatal for Adults)
- Moksha Yoga – offers non-heated prenatal yoga
- U of M offers a “Moving Mommies” prenatal fitness class at the Fort Garry campus
- Dakota Community Centre offers Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga.