COVID-19 NOTICE: Winnipeg hospitals currently have a 1-support person rule during labour. This may subject to change. Check with your care provider or Shared Health for the most up to date information. Doulas can still support families through pregnancy, birth and beyond by providing alternative types of care during the pandemic, such as virtual support, or supporting families during pregnancy and postpartum plus remotely during birth.
Winnipeg has many different types of doulas include: Birth Doulas, Anenatal Doulas, Perinatal Doulas, Postpartum Doulas, Fertility Doulas, etc. All doulas have different training, specializations, experience, skills, pricing structures / service inclusions, and even beliefs about pregnancy, birth and baby care.
The Following Businesses Offer Anenatal, Birth, Perinatal, and/or Postpartum Doula Services in Winnipeg.
- Bean Family Wellness
- Offers Perinatal Doula Services which includes support for parents during pregnancy, early labour, and postpartum (the first 6 weeks after birth). This includes scheduled meetings in pregnancy and after birth, as well as 24/7 on-call support via text/email/telephone. Plus, receive additional savings off other services such as Prenatal Classes, Specialty Classes, and Breastfeeding Support Services. Request a consultation.
- Need help planning for postpartum? Need help opening up potentially difficult communication with your partner? Have a doula and trained family mediator guide the discussion with Postpartum Planning 1:1 Sessions for Couples. Learn more.
- Need help learning how to take care of your new baby, or troubleshooting challenges with hands on support? Newborn SOS Service In-home Support offers exactly that! Available in-person. Schedule online.
- Birth Roots Doula Collective
- Offers Birth Doula and Postpartum Doula Services
- Bump to Baby Doula Services
- Embrace Birth Services
- Foundations Birth Services
- Gaia Mama Wellness
- Justine Doula
- Manitoba Association for Childbirth and Family Education
- Mother Birth
- The Mulberry Tree Pregnancy & Birth Support
- Prairie Doula
- Sacred Moments
- Susie Penner Doula Services