Are you looking for a birth doula or postpartum doula in Winnipeg or Rural Manitoba? Here are some ideas to get you started on your search. Please note, this list is not necessarily comprehensive and it is listed in alphabetical order. All doulas have different training, specializations, experience, skills, pricing structures / service inclusions, and even beliefs about birth and postpartum.
Most doulas offer a free consultation as a way to learn more about a doula and see if you are a good fit.
- Bean Family Wellness – Ilissa is the owner of Bean, holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Ecology (Family Social Sciences), is a CAPPA & MACFE trained Doula, and participates in on-going training and conferences. She has been offering Birth Doula Services in Winnipeg & Rural Manitoba for the past 7 years. Ilissa is a full spectrum doula and offers unbiased and non-judgmental support to all families. She is also a Childbirth Educator who teaches group and private prenatal classes.
Visit www.beanfamilywellness.com, Call 204-990-3519 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bump to Baby Doula Services: Nathalie Lamaree is a bilingual (French & English) birth doula. She is a mother of three and has been helping women in labour & birth for several years. Contact her at email@example.com or 204.612.5153 & find her on Facebook.
- Birth Roots Doula Collective offers birth and postpartum doulas.
- Embrace Birth Services: Jenine Brown is a birth doula serving clients in Winnipeg and surrounding areas. Contact her via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or find her on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/embracebirthservices
- Hali Doerksen is a birth doula supporting families in south east Manitoba and Winnipeg. Call/text 204 612 7322 or email email@example.com
- Karisa Morrow: “I am a certified Labour Doula. I reside in South Eastern Manitoba. I am a mother of four and my philosophy is that I want to help mom have a great birth experience so that she can have a positive start to parenting and have a high self esteem of herself as a mother. I have lived in East Africa and studied development studies and would love to work with newcomers as that is a big part of my experience and educational background. You can contact me in regards to the details and variety of my services on Facebook or via email firstname.lastname@example.org or at 204.797.5080.”
- Manitoba Association for Childbirth and Family Education offers doula services
- Manitoba Doulas Collective
- Mother Birth – “Carla Bryski is a Professional Birth Doula that offers Birth Photography services as well. She believes all Mothers deserve to be supported in pregnancy, childbirth an the postpartum period. She takes true honor and privilege in providing physical assistance, emotions support and education information to all of her clients. Find Carla on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/
Doula.CarlaBryski/ or contact her at email@example.com“
- The Mulberry Tree Pregnancy & Birth Support: Cody Anne Kjell is a DONA trained birth doula serving families in Winnipeg and surrounding areas. You can contact her through her website www.themulberrytree.ca or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sacred Moments: “Catherine Brown is a Professional Photographer and Birth Doula. She specializes in Birth and Lifestyle photography sessions. She is passionate about birth and empowering women (and families) to have positive birth experiences. As a Photographer and Doula she can combine services to create a custom package throughout your pregnancy, birth and postpartum period.” Find Catherine on Facebook: Sacred Moments Doula and contact her at Catherine@sacredmoments.ca.
- Shannon de Freitas is a birth and postpartum doula who serves clients in the Winnipeg, St Andrews, Stonewall, and Selkirk areas. She has a special interest in postpartum and breastfeeding support. Call 204-396-3175 OR email email@example.com
- Susie Penner: ” I took my training with CAPPA in 2005 and later with MACFE in 2007. I have attended over 80 births at the following hospitals; St Boniface, HSC, Selkirk, Steinbach and at the Birth Center. I am fluent in both English and Low German. I believe constant support is crucial during labour and birth for both the Mom and her partner. This support starts in our prenatal visits with us getting to know each other and hearing about your birth preferences. I am truly blessed to be part of this miracle of new life. My number is 204-378-0237, email is firstname.lastname@example.org and website is http://