Pregnancy is not always a joyful occasion and it’s normal to experience mixed emotions. If your pregnancy was unplanned, you are unsure about your pregnancy, or need other support, here is a list of local resources and services.
If you are in crisis, call the Klinic 24-hour Crisis Line (204-786-8686, Toll free 1-888-322-3019, TTY 204-784-4097) or the WHRA mobile crisis unit at 204-940-1781.
- Low-cost and free counselling services are available from Women’s Health Clinic. Call 204-947-1517 to find out more. Unplanned pregnancy support is also available: “Trained volunteer counsellors provide pro-choice, non-judgmental, compassionate support, information and referrals to clients on birth control and unplanned pregnancy options (abortion, adoption & parenting).”
- There is also free, pro-choice unplanned pregnancy counselling (abortion, adoption & parenting) available for teens at Women’s Health Clinic.
- Klinic Community Health Centre offers unplanned pregnancy consultation.
- Information about abortion services in Winnipeg & Manitoba is available from Women’s Health Clinic.
- Pregnancy and Family Support Services originated as a crisis line for unplanned pregnancy and is “a place to discuss pregnancy, personal issues, relationship/family issues, parenting, abuse, and access to resources”