Staying active while pregnant is important for mothers and their unborn babies! Thankfully, in recent years, people have clued into the fact that expectant mothers want classes geared designed specifically for their needs. Here are some option for prenatal fitness around town.
- Birth Roots offers prenatal yoga, dancing and other fitness classes
- Fit 4 Two – Winnipeg West & Winnipeg East – offers prenatal yoga, AquaFit & fitness fusion (a blend of strength training and yoga)
- Katja Holzhei is a local yoga teacher with a specialization in prenatal group and private classes. She teaches public classes at Birth Roots and is also available for private prenatal classes (all trimesters) in English or German. Find her on Facebook @neulandyoga at Twitter @KatjaHolzhei.
- Kuhlektiv – offer prenatal yoga
- Leisure Guide (City of Winnipeg) – offerings change each session, but the City typically offers things like prenatal yoga and prenatal “bootie camp” (from the main Leisure Guide screen, go to Course Catalogue>Active Living – Adults>Adult Fitness>Pre/Postnatal for Adults)
- Moksha Yoga – offers non-heated prenatal yoga
- Nest Family Centre offers prenatal fitness and prenatal belly dancing!
- Totally Fit Mom – offers prenatal fitness
- U of M offers a “Moving Mommies” prenatal fitness class at the Fort Garry campus