Prenatal Classes in Winnipeg are offered in different formats and with different topics depending on the class and class provider. In Manitoba, classes are offered by private businesses and vary in cost. This list is not necessarily comprehensive and it is listed in alphabetical order.
Bean Family Wellness offers Group Prenatal Childbirth Classes, Private Prenatal Childbirth Classes and Birthing Again Refresher Classes, plus a number of specialty classes for parents including Newborn & Baby Care 101, Breastfeeding 101, Postpartum Planning Workshops & 1:1 Series for Couples, and more!
Bean provides comprehensive interactive classes that empower & educate families, while helping them prepare for a positive birth and postpartum experience. Whether you are planning a hospital birth, birth centre, or home birth in Winnipeg or Rural Manitoba, with a OB, Midwife, or Family Doctor, Bean offers a class that will leave you feeling confident and prepared for birth and beyond.
Upcoming Prenatal Childbirth Classes:
1-day: Saturday, March 6th, 12:00pm-8:00pm CST (space for 2 couples left)
3-evenings: (Mon.) March 15th, (Wed.) March 17th, (Fri.) March 19th, 7:00-9:45pm CST (space for 1 couple)
2-days: Friday, March 26th & Saturday, March 27th, 6:30-10:00pm CST (space for 2 couples left)
2-days: Saturday, April 17th & Sunday, April 18th, 2:00-5:30pm CST
1-day: Saturday, May 1st, 12:00-8:00pm CST
- More dates are listed on the Bean Family Wellness website.
- Birth Roots offers Group and Private Prenatal Classes, and a Fearless Birthing Class.
- Foundations Birth Services offers the following Prenatal Classes: Childbirth Preparation, and ‘In Tune’, as well as a Prenatal Breastfeeding Class.
- Gaia Mama Wellness offers Prenatal Classes and other specialty classes.
- Healthy Start for Mom and Me runs a free weekly drop-in group in different areas of Winnipeg and Rural Manitoba. Parents can learn about healthy pregnancy, nutrition, and get in contact with community supports.
- Manitoba Association for Childbirth and Family Education offers group and private Childbirth Preparation Classes. They also offer classes for Single Moms.
- Nest Family Centre offers the “Baby Rush” prenatal classes in a variety of formats.
- Youville Centre offers a class for teens and young mothers (“Young Expectations”, for mothers 24 years and younger).
(Classes or Workshops on Pregnancy, Birth, or Postpartum Topics):
- Baby Sleep 101 – “Baby Sleep 101 offers prenatal lessons for parents who want to avoid common sleep pitfalls by getting a jump start on creating healthy sleep habits in the early months of their baby’s life.”
- Bean Family Wellness offers specialty classes both as group classes and/or private in-home classes. Options include:
- Birthing Again Prenatal Childbirth Classes are available as a private class for families welcoming a second, third, fourth baby and beyond! Refresh your skills and learn about family and sibling adjustment.
- Prenatal Childbirth Classes (C-Section Specific) are available as a private class for families who are having a scheduled c-section. Know what to expect in pregnancy, your ‘belly birth’, postpartum recovery, baby feeding, and baby care.
- Newborn & Baby Care 101 Classes are a great opportunity to expand on the knowledge that you gained in your prenatal class or for parents who are welcoming a baby through adoption or surrogacy. More in-depth knowledge on what you can expect and how to ease into life with baby.
- Breastfeeding 101 Classes expand on the knowledge that you learned in your prenatal class. This class goes beyond the basics of how to ensure the best start breastfeeding your baby. This class will leave you confident about how to breastfeed your baby, how to know when things are going well / when you need more help, how to help with common challenges, what do when your baby starts solids, and beyond, plus tips on topics like pumping, bottle feeding and more!
- Birth Wishes / Birth Plan Workshops for families who would like to learn how to create a Birth Wishes Document / ‘Birth Plan’. Become inspired for your birth! Private In-home Workshop for couples or single mothers, led by an experienced birth doula. (Length: 90-minutes).
- Birth Roots offers Sibling Prep Classes and a Grandparents Class.
- Foundations Birth Services offers a Bringing Baby Home and Breastfeeding Basics Class.
- The Winnipeg Humane Society offers a “Dogs & Storks” and a “Dogs and Toddlers” workshop. “Dogs & StorksTM offers positive, practical, and fun solutions for new parents and expecting families. They also offer a Dogs & Toddlers course. Note: This is currently not offered during COVID-19. Visit the Dogs & Storks Blog for lots of great information: dogsandstorks.com