Prenatal Classes are offered in a variety of formats and with different topics depending on the class; please check with the individual provider for full details. This list is not necessarily comprehensive and it is listed in alphabetical order.
- Bean Family Wellness offers Group Prenatal Classes (1-day 8-hr class), Private In-Home Prenatal Classes (4-hrs) and Refresher / Second-time Around Classes (2-hrs). Bean offers comprehensive hands-on and interactive classes that empower & educate families, while helping them prepare for a positive birth and postpartum experience. Group Classes are located at: The Reh-Fit Centre, 1390 Taylor Avenue, Winnipeg.
Upcoming 1-Day Group Prenatal Classes
May: Saturday, May 4, 2019 (1 space left) or Saturday, May 18, 2019 (1/2 full)
June: Saturday, June 1, 2019 or Saturday, June 18, 2019
July: Saturday, July 13th or Sunday, July 28th
August: Sunday, August 11th
September: Saturday, September 21st
Click here to register for a Bean Family Wellness Group Prenatal Class
- Birth Roots offers Group and Private Prenatal Classes, and a Fearless Birthing Class.
- Canadian First Aid Training offers prenatal classes.
- Foundations Birth Services offers the following Prenatal Classes: Childbirth Preparation, and ‘In Tune’.
- Healthy Start for Mom and Me runs a free weekly drop-in group in different areas of Winnipeg and Rural Manitoba. Parents can learn about healthy pregnancy, nutrition, and get in contact with community supports.
- Manitoba Association for Childbirth and Family Education offers group and private Childbirth Preparation Classes. They also offer classes for Single Moms.
- Nest Family Centre offers the “Baby Rush” prenatal classes in a variety of formats.
- Youville Centre offers a class for teens and young mothers (“Young Expectations”, for mothers 24 years and younger).
(Classes or Workshops on Pregnancy, Birth, or Postpartum Topics):
- Baby Sleep 101 – “Baby Sleep 101 also offers prenatal lessons for parents who want to avoid common sleep pitfalls by getting a jump start on creating healthy sleep habits in the early months of their baby’s life.” – Baby Sleep 101 owner Joleen Dilk Salyn
- Bean Family Wellness offers refresher prenatal classes for families welcoming a second, third, fourth baby and beyond! Refresh your skills and learn about family and sibling adjustment. They also offer private childbirth classes for families who are having a scheduled c-section. Know what to expect in pregnancy, your ‘belly birth’, postpartum recovery, baby feeding, and baby care.
- Have you heard of a Birth Plan? Bean Family Wellness offers Birth Wishes Consultations for families who would like to learn how to create a Birth Wishes Document / ‘Birth Plan’. Become inspired for your birth! Private In-home Workshop for couples or single mothers, led by an experienced birth doula. (Length: 1 hour)
- Birth Roots offers Sibling Prep Classes and a Grandparents Class.
- Foundations Birth Services offers a Bringing Baby Home and Breastfeeding Basics Class.
- Sacred Pregnancy Classes: “These classes bring back the age old tradition of women sitting with one another during pregnancy and birth, getting empowered, witnessing each others process and BEING there for one another during an incredibly power-FULL rite of passage… becoming mothers. Once a week for 8 weeks we gather together and explore pertinent topics that naturally arise for most women as they walk down their pregnancy paths. We encourage deep sharing, exploring art, expression, laughter, honouring and celebration.”
- The Winnipeg Humane Society offers a “Dogs & Storks” workshop. “Dogs & StorksTM offers positive, practical, and fun solutions for new parents and expecting families. They also offer a Dogs & Toddlers course.