Looking for information on prenatal classes in Winnipeg? There are lots of options! Read on for more information. Please note, this list is not necessarily comprehensive. Know of other classes? Let me know!
- Healthy Start for Mom and Me runs a free drop-in prenatal program where pregnant women can go to learn about healthy pregnancy, nutrition, and get in contact with community supports.
- Centre de Santé St. Boniface offers free French-language prenatal classes (cours prénatal en français).
- Birth Roots offers group and private prenatal birthing classes, along with Hypnobirthing and Birthing from Within classes. There are fees for these classes.
- Youville Centre offers a class for pregnant teens (“Young Expectations”).
- Mother2Mother offers Birthing from Within childbirth preparation classes. There is a fee for these classes.
- Nest Family Centre offers the “Baby Rush” prenatal classes in a variety of formats. There are fees for these classes.
- Manitoba Association for Childbirth and Family Education offers private and group Inspired Childbirth Preparation Classes. They also offer Second Time Around and Sibling Preparation classes
- Bonjour Bébé offers prenatal classes in French and English. There are fees for these classes.
- Canadian First Aid Training offers prenatal classes. There are fees for these classes. They also offer family first aid classes that can be added onto to prenatal class registration at a significant discount.
- Hypnobabies Winnipeg: “Hypnobabies is a very successful 6 week, 3-hours per week, complete childbirth education course that was adapted from Gerald Kein’s “Painless Childbirth Program” techniques. Rather than using simple relaxation, breathing or guided imagery, our Hypno-Moms enjoy “eyes-open childbirth hypnosis” and easily remain deeply in hypnosis while walking, talking and changing positions; being as mobile as they would like to be during childbirth. Along with deep hypnosis techniques Hypnobabies also teaches about nutrition, how to stay healthy and low risk, how to make informed choices while giving birth in the hospital environment, the anatomy and physiology of child birth and much much more.” [information via Phalyn Powell HCHI, email@example.com | 204-890-3005]
- Bean Family Wellness offers Private Childbirth Education (Prenatal) Classes: “We are proud to offer private childbirth education classes that are taught in the comfort of your own home and adapted to your busy schedule! These classes cover a variety of topics, however, because of the individual nature of them, they will also be customized to your personal birth experience. Classes are great for anyone planning a hospital, home, or birth centre birth, with either an obstetrician (OB), family doctor, or midwife. “
- Tiny Tree Hugger offers childbirth education and HypnoBirthing classes.
- Sacred Pregnancy Classes: “These classes bring back the age old tradition of women sitting with one another during pregnancy and birth, getting empowered, witnessing each others process and BEING there for one another during an incredibly power-FULL rite of passage… becoming mothers. Once a week for 8 weeks we gather together and explore pertinent topics that naturally arise for most women as they walk down their pregnancy paths. We encourage deep sharing, exploring art, expression, laughter, honouring and celebration.” – offered by Alison Ritchie
- Baby Sleep 101 – “Baby Sleep 101 also offers prenatal lessons for parents who want to avoid common sleep pitfalls by getting a jump start on creating healthy sleep habits in the early months of their baby’s life.” – Baby Sleep 101 owner Joleen Dilk Salyn
- The Winnipeg Humane Society offers a 2-hour “Dogs & Storks” workshop. “Dogs & StorksTM offers positive, practical, and fun solutions for new parents and expecting families. This is the first national pre baby program where dogs are the focus. Answering the call of many new parents, this program sets the educational groundwork for success before baby arrives.” The fee is $25 per person.
- Bonjour Bébé offers special courses such as “Crash Course for First Time Dads” and “Another Birth” refresher classes.
- MACFE offers Second Time Around and Sibling Preparation classes