Prenatal Classes in Winnipeg are offered in different formats and with different topics depending on the class and class provider; please check with the individual business for full details. This list is not necessarily comprehensive and it is listed in alphabetical order. Note: The Winnipeg Regional Health Authority (WRHA) no longer offers free prenatal classes to the general public.
- Bean Family Wellness offers Group Prenatal Classes, Private In-Home Prenatal Classes and Refresher / Second-time Around Classes. Bean offers comprehensive hands-on, fun and interactive classes that empower & educate all families, while helping them prepare for a positive birth and postpartum experience. Whether you are planning a hospital birth, birth centre, or home birth, with a Doctor, OB, or Midwife, Bean offers a class that will leave you feeling confident and prepared for your birth and beyond.
UPCOMING GROUP PRENATAL CLASS DATES
Most group prenatal classes are offered as a 1-day 8-hr class (unless otherwise stated).
November: Saturday, November 16th (space for 1 couple) or Saturday, November 30th
December: Saturday, December 14th (space for 2 couples)
January: Sunday, January 12th or Saturday, January 25th
February: Saturday, February 8th or Saturday, February 22nd
March: Saturday, March 7th or Saturday, March 21st
- Want even more information about Newborn Care and Breastfeeding? Inquire about Bean’s Newborn & Baby Care 101 Classes or Breastfeeding 101 Classes. Mindfulness for Birth Class Series coming in Winter 2019. Plus SAVE 10% on these classes when you take a Bean Prenatal Class.
- Birth Roots offers Group and Private Prenatal Classes, and a Fearless Birthing Class.
- Canadian First Aid Training offers prenatal classes.
- Foundations Birth Services offers the following Prenatal Classes: Childbirth Preparation, and ‘In Tune’.
- Healthy Start for Mom and Me runs a free weekly drop-in group in different areas of Winnipeg and Rural Manitoba. Parents can learn about healthy pregnancy, nutrition, and get in contact with community supports.
- Manitoba Association for Childbirth and Family Education offers group and private Childbirth Preparation Classes. They also offer classes for Single Moms.
- Nest Family Centre offers the “Baby Rush” prenatal classes in a variety of formats.
- Youville Centre offers a class for teens and young mothers (“Young Expectations”, for mothers 24 years and younger).
(Classes or Workshops on Pregnancy, Birth, or Postpartum Topics):
- Baby Sleep 101 – “Baby Sleep 101 offers prenatal lessons for parents who want to avoid common sleep pitfalls by getting a jump start on creating healthy sleep habits in the early months of their baby’s life.”
- Bean Family Wellness offers specialty classes both as group classes and/or private in-home classes. Options include:
- Second Time Around (Refresher) Prenatal Childbirth Classes are available as a private class for families welcoming a second, third, fourth baby and beyond! Refresh your skills and learn about family and sibling adjustment.
- Prenatal Childbirth Classes (C-Section Specific) are available as a private class for families who are having a scheduled c-section. Know what to expect in pregnancy, your ‘belly birth’, postpartum recovery, baby feeding, and baby care.
- Newborn & Baby Care 101 Classes are a great opportunity to expand on the knowledge that you gained in your prenatal class or for parents who are welcoming a baby through adoption or surrogacy. More in-depth knowledge on what you can expect and how to ease into life with baby. Next Class June 29th.
- Breastfeeding 101 Classes expand on the knowledge that you learned in your prenatal class. This class goes beyond the basics of how to ensure the best start breastfeeding your baby. This class will leave you confident about how to breastfeed your baby, how to know when things are going well / when you need more help, how to help with common challenges, what do when your baby starts solids, and beyond, plus tips on topics like pumping, bottle feeding and more! Next Class June 29th.
- Birth Wishes / Birth Plan Workshops for families who would like to learn how to create a Birth Wishes Document / ‘Birth Plan’. Become inspired for your birth! Private In-home Workshop for couples or single mothers, led by an experienced birth doula. (Length: 90-minutes).
- Birth Roots offers Sibling Prep Classes and a Grandparents Class.
- Foundations Birth Services offers a Bringing Baby Home and Breastfeeding Basics Class.
- Sacred Pregnancy Classes: “These classes bring back the age old tradition of women sitting with one another during pregnancy and birth, getting empowered, witnessing each others process and BEING there for one another during an incredibly power-FULL rite of passage… becoming mothers. Once a week for 8 weeks we gather together and explore pertinent topics that naturally arise for most women as they walk down their pregnancy paths. We encourage deep sharing, exploring art, expression, laughter, honouring and celebration.” Offered by Alison Ritchie
- The Winnipeg Humane Society offers a “Dogs & Storks” workshop. “Dogs & StorksTM offers positive, practical, and fun solutions for new parents and expecting families. They also offer a Dogs & Toddlers course.