When you’re pregnant or postpartum, you want to work with health practitioners who are experienced with women in your shoes. Here are some local organizations that specifically offer prenatal services. Please note that this list is not an endorsement of any particular service or provider; always check with your doctor or midwife regarding complementary healthcare treatments.
**Bear in mind that lots of massage therapists can treat you through pregnancy even if prenatal massage isn’t one of their specifically advertised services. If you have an RMT you like to work with, check to see if it’s something they can offer!
- Momentum Massage
- Purely Massage
- The Pure Escape
- Stacy Lassnig
- Equilibrium Massage Therapy & Wellness Centre
- Waterfront Massage
- Soul Haven Massage Therapy
- What You Knead
- Sundragon Studios: Karen Bilous, RMT has been a massage therapist for 16 years, a doula for 10 years and a mother of 3. She has started her training as an infant massage instructor and has been passionate about working with pregnant women throughout her whole career. Christine Chisholm, RMT has been a massage therapist for 12 years and an infant massage instructor for 8 years and is also very involved with the Infant Massage Association. She has facilitated infant massage instructor courses at our clinic as well as taught infant massage to parents out of her home and our clinic.
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
- Donna Sarna Physiotherapy
- Nova Physiotherapy
- Centric Health Sports Therapy and Wellness Centre (Denisha Thompson)
- Exhale Reflexology
Gloria Laing is a Registered Canadian Reflexology Therapist practicing in a professional clinic in South St Vital, as well as Southeast of Winnipeg in Landmark in a private home studio. Drawn to Reflexology after leaving her last career position as Administrative Support to a team of Midwives, Gloria trained in Reflexology in 2012 and has taken her education further by researching her passions online and delving into books on the subject matter. Gloria has special interests in Reflexology for Women’s Health and has been successful in helping clients with Fertility issues, Maternity Support, Labour induction and the multitude of other health issues that women face daily. Find her on Facebook: facebook.com/GloriaReflexology , Twitter: @GloRia_RCRT. Cell: 1.204.371.4804 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Claire Turnbull at Family Acupuncture Wellness Clinic. “I have a special interest in prenatal and postnatal care and am deeply passionate about offering women holistic options throughout their pregnancy. Through acupuncture and Chinese medicine I can treat a plethora of pregnancy related symptoms, turn breeched babies and promote labour.”
- Rebecca Sprintz, a Doctor of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine with a specialization in Prenatal/Postnatal Care and Pediatrics, also practices at Family Acupuncture Wellness Clinic.
- Mommy & Me Family Chiropractic
- Family First Chiropractic
- Dr. Nicole Procyk at Kramp Chiropractic: “I wanted to share information about our office so we can help serve as many pregnant women and their families as possible with gentle, safe, effective chiropractic adjustments. Both the chiropractors at Kramp Chiropractic are ICPA members as well one is Certified in the Websters technique. We are located in Charleswood and would love to be a resource for community members seeking out our help.”