Parenting requires a whole new set of skills — it’s always a good idea to seek extra help when you need it.
- Baby Sleep 101 – Joleen Dilk Salyn is Manitoba’s only Certified Baby and Child Sleep Consultant from the Family Sleep Institute and helps parents with children ages 0-5 years of age. She offers a free, live sleep Q&A session every Wednesday on facebook, and provides “qualified, educated help for parents who are struggling with their child’s sleep issues. We create easy to follow plans that help get your child’s sleep back on track, while respecting your parenting philosophies and your child’s personality.”
- Cheeky Chops offers sleep and parenting coaching.
- Time for Bed Sleep Solutions: Meaghan Lussier is a Certified Sleep SenseTM Consultant who is “dedicated to helping parents learn the skills to teach their children to become independent, healthy sleepers.”
- WeeSleep: Karina Tummillo is a Professional Infant and Toddler Sleep Consultant in Winnipeg. “I offer personalized one-on-one support, a custom sleep plan and guidance to parents whose babies and toddlers are not able to sleep through the night. I guide parents to teach their children how to sleep independently. The WeeSleep approach makes it easy for every family, and various lifestyles to make sleep a priority in a very gently and loving way.” Consults available in-home or virtually by Skype or FaceTime. Find Karina on Facebook too.
- Little Signing Stars offers sign language (ASL) courses for babies and toddlers. Serena Yong runs classes at Birth Roots St Vital, Kindermusik Roblin Studio and the Wellness Institute.
- Birth Roots Doula Collective offers a “newborn class” that’s “designed to give you the knowledge to care for your newborn baby with confidence“
- The Women’s Health Clinic Mothers Program runs a free workshop series called Coping with Change. “Coping with Change can help you understand the everyday changes that happen when a baby enters your life. Please join us as we discuss emotional adjustments, relationship changes, and getting support.” Call the Mothers Program assistant at 204-947-2422, ext. 113 for upcoming dates/times and to register.
- Pluri-elles offers lots of free programming for parents in French, such as IAIM baby massage program, Triple P, parenting support groups. For more info call 204-233-1735, visit pluri-elles.mb.ca, or find Pluri-elles on Facebook.
- Tiny Tree Hugger offers classes including Infant Massage.