Looking for a creative, meaningful way to celebrate your pregnancy or the pregnancy of a loved one? Stuck looking for the perfect baby shower gift? Here are some ideas:
- Mother2Mother Childbirth Services offers belly casting, mother blessings/blessingways (an alternative to traditional showers), and birth art sessions.
- Momentum Massage Therapy offers belly casting
- Photography: Winnipeg has lots of talented maternity and birth photographers — or check out the list I’ve got going here
- Local artist Cassandra Smith creates beautiful hand-painted, custom pottery baby gifts such as piggy banks, picture frames, trinket boxes, and plaques. Check her out her website at handpaintedbabygifts.com.
- A Labour of Love Doula Support Services offers belly casting and belly henna
- Local artist Junko Bailey creates custom nursery art called the Happy Frame: a lovely keepsake that incorporates your baby shower/new baby cards. Check her out on her Etsy shop, Kimonology.
- Erthe Mama:”Erthe Mama provides belly casting services for pregnant people in Winnipeg, Brandon, Dauphin, and surrounding areas. Please visit http://www.erthemamaplacenta.
com/belly-casting.html to view photos of previous work, and for pricing.”
Gift certificates are always appreciated, and lots of businesses sell them. Here are some ideas…
- Yoga or other fitness classes
- Meal delivery (purchase through a business like Supper Central or Soup Bee, or organize a meal delivery schedule with your friends and family)
- Postpartum doula services
- Photography sessions – birth or newborn
- Massage therapy
- Cleaning services
- Birth Roots sells gift certificates that can be redeemed for Birth Doula services,
- Prenatal Birthing Classes,
- Postpartum Doula Services,
- Breastfeeding Classes,
- Baby Signing Classes,
- Yoga Classes,
- HypnoBirthing Classes,
- Birth Pool Rentals and b
- Nest Family Centre sells 5- and 10-class passes for their various classes and drop-in groups.