When preparing for birth there are a few things you may wish to have on hand. Here are some Winnipeg businesses you can check out for birth supplies.
- Birth pool rentals are available from:
- Birth stool rentals (Kaya birth stool) are also available from Birth Roots.
- TENS machine rentals from Bean Family Wellness.
- Witch hazel is available at pharmacies and health food stores
- Raspberry Leaf Tea is available at Bulk Barn and many health food stores.
- Comfrey, calendula, arnica & other herbs – Hollow Reed Holistic. Hollow Reed also sells a lovely sitz bath herb mix that can be used for perineal care after birth, in a bath or in a squeeze “peri-care” bottle.
- After a vaginal birth, your nurse or midwife will give you a special squeeze bottle (called a peri-care bottle, lavette bottle, or peri-bottle) to use to rinse when you go to the bathroom. Take it with you when you go home! You can get extras from homecare or medical supply stores.
- Tanya Vincent is a Placenta Encapsulation Specialist certified through Placenta Benefits (PBi). Find her on Facebook or her PBi page.
- Erthe Mama Placenta: “Erthe Mama Placenta provides placenta encapsulation and more throughout Manitoba, including Winnipeg, Brandon, Dauphin, and all rural areas by providing pick-up services, and mail-in services. Erthe Mama has several years of experience, and has certificates in bloodborne pathogens, and safe food handling. Please visit our website at http://www.erthemamaplacenta.
com and our facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/ ErtheMamaPlacenta for information, pricing, and to check out the great reviews.”
- Zippadee Doula (Alexa Sereda) offers placenta encapsulation in Eastern Manitoba and Winnipeg — contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204-330-1778.
- Cor Thompson offers placenta encapsulation. She is certified in Bloodborne Pathogens, Food Safe, and trained through PBi. Reach her via her website, http://www.winnipegplacenta.
com, or phone 204.997.1034
Julie Western is a PBI Placenta Encapsulation Specialist. She supports families in the Winnipeg area and can be contacted at 204-946-5226 or her Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/