If you are planning a waterbirth, there are a few things you may want to have on hand. One of the big ones – a birth pool! Here are some Winnipeg businesses you can check out to rent a birth pool or purchase supplies (have you purchased your drinking water grade non-toxic lead-free hose yet?)
Birth pool rentals are available from:
- Bean Family Wellness offers the Birth Pool in a Box as a 5-week rental, with free home delivery and pick-up in Winnipeg and areas of Rural Manitoba. Both the pool and liners are latex-free. They also sell accessories like the drinking water grade hoses, tap adapters, MyStraps (great for pushing), and Birth Pool in a Box liners and covers (to retain heat).
- Birth Roots Doula Collective offers the Aqua Doula Waterbirth Spa brand Birth Pool as a 3-week rental.
Facilities with Birth Pools
- The only facility in Winnipeg that currently offers birth of your baby in the water is The Birth Centre. All births at the Birth Centre must be attended by a registered midwife.
- Outside of Winnipeg, Boundary Trails (in Winkler/Morden) offers your the chance to birth your baby in the water. Births at this centre must be attended by a local registered midwife.
- St. Boniface Hospital offers a tub for pain relief and comfort during labour, however they do not permit babies to be born in the tubs.