A couple of upcoming events at the Birth Centre to mention:
- Starting November 20th (this Wednesday) there will be a French-language series for children 0-5 and their parents. Chansons comptines contes runs from 10 to 11:30am. Check out the flyer for all the details.
- On Wednesday, December 11th from 6-7pm, there will be an interactive workshop on baby language development.
How, when, and what your baby learns about language (and why maternal speech is so important)
Time: Wednesday, December 11th, 2013, 6 – 7 pm
Location: The Birth Centre, 603 St. Mary’s Road
- Do you wonder whether your baby understands you when you talk?
- Do you worry about whether your baby is meeting language milestones?
- Are you curious about what to expect as your child learns to speak?
- Have you wondered why we speak in a funny voice when we talk to babies and young children?
Bring your baby to a free interactive workshop with Dr. Melanie Soderstrom, Associate Professor in the Psychology Department at the University of Manitoba, and Director of the Baby Language Lab, and learn about how language develops in infants in the first year of life. Contact M_Soderstrom@umanitoba.ca for more information. RSVPs appreciated – walk-ins welcome.”